STANDING STONES (heights are approximate)
Murthly Castle Stone
Leys of Marlee
Left: Neolithic stone tools, collected by George Low sometime around 1840. As a young man George worked as an agricultural labourer at Whiteloch farm where he picked up these flints in the course of his work in the fields. He later became a joiner, using more modern tools! The flints are now owned by George's great-great-niece who still lives locally. An item from George's own tool kit is pictured on the right.
For links to some other artefacts found locally and now held in museums, go here
Return to Prehistory main page